RELIANCE WORKS

 

 

 

 

 

 

A beautifully restored three storey Grade II listed building comprising nine beautifully appointed one- and two-bedroom apartments offering classic Georgian styling and exquisitely designed interiors situated in the historical heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.

Reliance Works was built c1825, taking architectural inspiration from the grand Georgian houses in St Paul’s Square – the spiritual home of the Jewellery Quarter.

Originally, Reliance Works comprised two townhouses – 41 and 42 Caroline Street - each serving as both a home and place of work for small family jewellers known as ‘garret masters’. Former residents include two of Birmingham’s most respected silversmiths: George Unite and Nathaniel Mills. The two houses were eventually acquired by Pickering and Mayall and converted into one single address - No 42 Caroline Street. By 1916, the building had been transformed into a flagship manufactory for jewellery cases.

Now, following a prestigious redevelopment, it has been transformed once more – this time, into a mix of one and two-bedroom duplexes and apartments around an attractive ground floor courtyard. Retaining its classic Georgian styling and character – including timber beams, wooden bay windows and original signage - with exquisitely designed interiors it represents a rare example of the Jewellery Quarter’s industrial heritage. It has been one of the area’s most distinctive landmarks for almost 200 years.

With personality and a lovingly restored heritage, Reliance Works captures the true character of its community and offers soulful and stylish living within one of Birmingham’s most sought-after locations.

Prices from £185,000

 

Check mortgage eligibility online